As a consultant, I spend much of my time capturing concepts and describing approaches in text and visuals. Fortunately, some of what I’ve written can be seen outside of a client context.
One place where I irregularly write is on my personal blog, Friday Sushi. Professionally, I’ve had pieces published in a number of different ways and below are some references to works that I’ve written, co-authored, edited or have been an active contributor in publication.
- “Beyond Boutique: Educational Technology and Value on Investment” White paper. Blackboard Consulting, Oct. 2011.
- “Mobile Agility and the Anytime, Anywhere Impact on IT” White paper. Blackboard Consulting, Apr. 2011.
- “Clouds Settle on Campus” Four-part series on cloud computing for the online edition of The Greentree Gazette, Aug. 2008.
- IEEE 1484.20.1-2007, “IEEE Standard for Learning Technology: Data Model for Reusable Competency Definitions” Contributor. Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society, Jan. 2008
- IEEE 1484.4-2007, “IEEE Trial-Use Recommended Practice for Digital Rights Expression Languages (DRELs) Suitable for eLearning Technologies” Contributor. IEEE Computer Society, Sept. 2007.
- “That Academic Town, Chicago” The Greentree Gazette, Sept. 2007.
- “Academic Computing Must Be Nimble, Yet Stable” The Greentree Gazette, July 2007.
- “Do We Need a Place to Learn?” The Greentree Gazette, May 2007.
- “Learning Management in a Web 2.0 World” The Greentree Gazette, Mar. 2007.
- “In a Gazette Minute: Chad Kainz on the LMS” The Greentree Gazette, January 2007
- “University of Chicago: USITE Crerar Computing Cluster & CyberCafé.” With Shirley Dugdale, DEGW North America. Chapter 40 of Learning Spaces, Diana Oblinger, editor. EDUCAUSE, 2006.
- IEEE 1484.12.1-2002, “IEEE Standard for Learning Object Metadata” Contributor. IEEE Computer Society, 2002.